At University HS, textbooks are scanned, by barcode, out to students. Students become financially responsible for the textbook scanned out the them by barcode number. Some textbooks are returned at the semester end and all are returned in the last week of school. Some parents ask if they can know the ISBN number of the textbooks the school uses.
If you choose to purchase extra copies from outside sources for home use, would you consider donating the books to Uni at the end of the school year?
Textbooks and Novels are scanned out to students by barcode. Each specific, barcoded book, becomes the financial responsibility of the student until scanned back in. Some suggestions may help you reduce your liability.
- Write your name, teacher’s name and school year in pen in the cover of your assigned books
- Record your barcode numbers by writing them down or snapping a picture of the book/barcode
- Textbook scanning (out and in) requires an eye-to-eye, face-to-face transaction
- Do not turn in scanned textbooks to teachers – insist books are scanned while you wait
- Do not leave scanned textbooks in classrooms
- Textbooks with barcodes removed cannot be credited to students (regardless of name in cover) and will be confiscated
- Lost textbooks cannot be replaced, but must be paid for at the student store, receipt brought to the textbook room so the fine can be cleared
- Do not share books or lockers. Even if your friend loses your book, you are still financially responsible for the book checked out to you
For questions regarding textbooks:
Mr. Rock, firstname.lastname@example.org, x3580, Rm 213
Or Mr. Blank, Main Office